in the Time of Jesus
By Joachim Jeremias
Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus: An investigation into economic and social conditions during the New Testament period. Based on the book Jerusalem zur Xeit Jesu.
Explore the city and culture during the time Jesus would have been alive. Learn about the way of life in the first century Jerusalem. This translation is based on the third edition from Germany, written in 1962. The first half has been revised by Professor Jeremias, in 1967.
- Goods, trade, and building activity
- Layout of the city, the buildings, and temple works
- Visitors from places such as Rome, Asian Minor, Ethiopia, Greece
- Slaves and day labourers
- Taxation, war, and spoliation
- High priest, chief priests, and the priesthood
- Civil rights and cultural values
Click HERE for shipping and return information.