Universal Life Church – Become Ordained
The Universal Life Church (ULC) is the only denomination worldwide that opens its doors to all people. We welcome all who feel called to ministry become ordained ministers by completing our free online ordination. This ordination is completely free and legal, and grants you all the rights and privileges afforded to an ordained minister. This includes the ability to perform legal wedding ceremonies, and call yourself a minister, rabbi, priest or pastor. Millions of people have become legally ordained ministers through the Universal Life Church all over the world.
The Universal Life Church represents religious freedom in all its forms. At the ULC Monastery there is no hierarchy, all faiths are considered equal, and no deity is held above another. We welcome all who seek to start a ministry to get ordained and become a minister online. We do not have tests of loyalty, religious rings to kiss, nor do we require payment. We are a non-denominational community and offer a full spectrum of support services. The Universal Life Church wholly believes in its mantra – “We are all children of the same universe.”
"Do only that which is right"
The Universal Life Church believes that it is every person’s responsibility to act holistically, to do nothing to impinge on the rights others, and to uphold religious diversity and freedom.
Everyone – men, women, and children from around the globe – must be able to practice their spiritual and religious beliefs without interference or threat from any government, religious, or societal force.
If you feel as if your rights are being wrongly restricted, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the Universal Life Church will do all in its power to help you.
Looking for a wedding officiant to perform your wedding ceremony? The Universal Life Church has many ministers, including thousands in your state, who would love to solemnize your marriage.
The Universal Life Church offers online ordinations that are quick to complete, free, and last a lifetime. You, or any adult you know, can become a legally-recognized wedding officiant in the space of a couple of minutes for free.
Important Universal Life Church (ULC) Sites and Articles:
- Official Universal Life Church Blog – the mouthpiece for our organization. We discuss political, religious, and societal developments and share our thoughts and policies on topics like the separation of church and state, religious freedoms, and gay marriage here.
- State Wedding Laws – it is of the utmost importance that our ministers know and understand the marriage laws of the states they perform wedding ceremonies in; marriages can be nullified by the state if these laws are not followed. The ULC has built a collection of state marriage laws which can quickly help you in this regard.
- Training and Education – are you stumped about how to perform a wedding, unsure of how to become ordained online, or want to learn more about religions from around the world? This section will help you do all of these things and more.
- The Ministers Network – a social network for ULC ministers. Create an account today and join 20,000 other ministers on one of the Internet’s largest religious communities. Use the chat, blog, and message features to debate theology, build your spirituality, and trade wedding officiant tips with other ministers here.
- Universal Life Church Case Law – in the decades following the founding of the first Universal Life Church in Modesto, Calif., both the administration of this branch and its ministers frequently found themselves in court. While the ULC Monastery is not affiliated with the ULC Modesto, the legal precedents that resulted from these cases do affect the Monastery’s ministers. It is thus in your best interest to be familiar with the case law found on this site; you will have a much better understanding of your rights as a Universal Life Church minister if you do.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want your Universal Life Church or online ministry site to appear on this list!